Skincare has always been super important to me. If you know about me, I’m a huge advocate of natural beauty and enhancing who you are without changing who you are. I’ve never enjoyed hiding my skin with lots of makeup, so naturally, skincare has become a huge focus in my life.
I’m a teen blogger (about to go into my junior year!) so I’m at a point in my life where my skin either loves me or hates me. I’ve tried COUNTLESS skincare products, but there’s one that I’ve found has been a game-changer for my skin, and that’s the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser.
Click here to shop the cleanser!
Keep on reading to find out why I love this cleanser, all the details on it, and if YOU should purchase it!
***This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you choose to make a purchase using the links, I will make a commission at no additional cost to you!
My completely honest review on the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser
Table of contents
- My skin history
- Where I found this product
- Details about the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser
- My review
- Would I recommend this product?
- Should you get the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser?
- Other very popular CeraVe products
My skin history
I don’t think this would be a good product review without me getting completely raw and real about my own skin. I wanted to include this so that you’ll be able to see how this product reacted with my skin type so you have something to base it off of if you consider buying the product. Also, I just want to remind you that whether we have the same skin type or not, different products work for different people, meaning that you may not have the same experience or results that I did!
If I’m completely honest, I’m not sure what skin type I have. I’ve gone through phases where I thought my skin was oily, phases where I thought it was normal, and as of right now, I think I have more dry skin. Overall, I’d say it’s more on the normal to dry side, but it can sometimes get a bit oily throughout the day, but not often.
I’ve always struggled with acne. Well, kind of. (I struggle way more with picking at everything, which makes my acne look and feel 100x worse! Try try TRY not to pick!) I get blackheads frequently around my chin, I struggle with clogged pores, and I also get my fair share of teen acne. As far as sensitivity goes, I’ve never had a reaction with any products. But, I do have extremely pale skin that gets red VERY easily!
Related: 5 Drugstore Waterproof Mascaras That Hold A Curl All Day
Where I found this product
I learned about the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser while watching this YouTube video from a YouTuber named Hyram. Hyram is a skincare expert who provides free skincare advice on his Youtube channel. If you are looking for some new products or want to learn more about skincare, I couldn’t recommend his videos enough! (I literally binge watch them sometimes!)
Anyway, Hyram constantly talks about this cleanser saying that it is affordable, gentle, and effective. I’m all about affordable, so I quickly went to my nearest Walgreens and decided to buy it!
Details about the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser
This information is from the official CeraVe website. Click here to go to the product page. This page will show you the product features & benefits, ingredients, and how to use.
The CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser comes in an 8 FL (237 mL) bottle at a price of $9.89. I have been using this product for months (I’m not too good at doing my skincare routine every day but I do it pretty often) and I am not even halfway through the bottle. To me, the price of this cleanser is unbeatable because of the results it has given to myself (and MANY others) as well as the amount you’re given!
This product is developed with dermatologists, meaning that it was carefully formulated to give the best results possible and to be suitable for many people. It is also non-comedogenic, non-drying, and non-irritating. This makes the product perfect for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
Additionally, it includes 3 essential ceramides and salicylic acid. If you want to learn the benefits of ceramides click here, and click here to learn the benefits of salicylic acid. It also contains Vitamin D, which helps to provide antioxidant benefits, it is free of mechanical exfoliants, and it is fragrance free. (Wohoo! Fragrance can be irritating!)
Here is what the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser claims to do:
- Gently cleanse
- Exfoliate while softening
- Smoothing skin
And as you’ll find later on in my review, I find it does just that!
Remember, if you want to learn more about this cleanser, be sure to check out the product details on the CeraVe website!
I was so excited to start using the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, and I can confidently say it did NOT disappoint!
With any product, you need to wait a bit to see results pertaining to acne. For me, I noticed improvements in my actual skin immediately. This product immediately seemed to hydrate my skin, make it SUPER smooth, and it was so gentle! It seriously felt like I was just rubbing a clear hydrating gel on my face.
This cleanser is one of the ONLY cleansers I’ve used that has not stripped my skin down to the point where I feel like I need a moisturizer on after. It definitely was great for the skin barrier, and I really think that in the future using this cleanser will pay off because my skin will stay hydrated and smooth and not overly stripped! I was so happy with how my skin felt right after using the product, but I was even more happy with the longer term impacts.
I also want to note I did not experience a purging period, which is when a new product can break you out before working well. Just wanted to add that in!
As for the product itself, it is clear with a gel like texture. Once water is added, it can sometimes foam, but this is not an issue for me. This product feels great on the skin and a little will go a long way! I have never felt my skin irritated from this product, instead it feels very calm. Plus, there is a very soft scent that is not bad at all. I actually prefer the scent of this compared to some products that have fragrance in them. It’s great!
After using this product for a while, my skin really started to clean up. Like I said, my skin has never been PERFECT, but if you have that expectation using any product, you’ll most likely be disappointed. My mom even started commenting on how good my skin looked, which was great because I knew I wasn’t the only one seeing how well it was working.
My breakouts were smaller and less frequent. Plus, they were not nearly as bad. My face feels so cleansed whenever I use this, but a healthy sort of cleanse. I have noticed my skin itself improve drastically, not just in terms of acne.
Want to start or continue your journey of becoming your best self? Click here!
Would I recommend this product?
Here’s my final words on this cleanser:
The CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser has helped me to improve my skin greatly and helped to clear my skin. My skin is not perfect, but it never will be, no matter what products I use. With the price of this product and the great results I’ve seen (as well as heard from countless other people) I would recommend this product to anyone.
If you’re interested in buying the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, click here!
Should you get the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser?
Here’s the thing…
I don’t know your skin type or skin history at all. But like I said, I would recommend this product to anyone. For me, it was effective and did exactly what it claimed to do! And with it’s incredible price point and gentleness, I see no harm in trying at all. I think there’s a great chance that you’ll see some sort of improvement in your skin. Plus, the great thing about this product is that it is so gentle that it won’t harm your skin, so you do not have to worry about it ruining it at all.
This product was designed to help such a large variety of people. If you have sensitive skin, acne prone skin, normal to dry skin, pores, acne, black heads, texture, or you are simply trying to keep your skin clean and improve it, I think this product is for you.
I completely understand the hesitation some people may have when it comes to buying new skincare products. But in complete honesty, this product is great and it’s legit! I would give it a try!
Click here to shop the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser!
Other Very Popular CeraVe products
CeraVe is a very popular, trusted, and effective brand. Currently (especially thanks to Hyram’s videos and the thousands of amazing reviews) many of the CeraVe products are sold out. Still, I wanted to mention some other popular products from the brand and some other products I use by them. If you’re not sold on the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser, or you think that it isn’t suitable for your skin type, one of these products will certainly be a perfect fit for you!
- CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser (I have heard countless incredible things about this product. It is said to cleanse, hydrate, and restore the protective skin barrier! This cleanser is great for normal to dry skin. Click here to learn more and shop!)
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser (This is another cleanser with amazing reviews. It is great for people with oily skin and is said to cleanse the skin while removing oil without disrupting the protective skin barrier. Click here to learn more and shop!)
- CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser (This is a great cleanser that mainly targets acne. It claims to clear acne pimples and blackheads, helps to prevent new acne, and allows the skin to heal. Plus, it has thousands of positive reviews. Click here to learn more and shop!)
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream for Normal to Dry Skin (I use this moisturizer every night because my skin can get dry and I love the moisture it brings as well as restoring the protective skin barrier! This moisturizer is very thick and is especially great for dry skin. If you want a lighter moisturizer or a day time moisturizer, the moisturizer below is a great alternative that I have heard countless good reviews about as well. Click here to learn more and shop!)
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion (This is a great alternative to the moisturizer above from all I have heard and the thousands of amazing reviews. This moisturizing lotion also helps to protect the restore the protective skin barrier. Plus, it is great for the day time because it isn’t too heavy. I have seen SO many people rave about this product! Click here to learn more and shop!)
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (Although I use the first moisturizer listed above, I used to use this one and I LOVED it! If you don’t feel the need for a thick or ultra moisturizing cream, this is a great alternative. I absolutely love the way that this makes my skin look when I wake up in the morning, and I might switch back to it in the future! Click here to learn more and shop!)
- CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin (This is another highly reviewed CeraVe moisturizer that targets people with textured skin and acne. It has many ingredients such as Vitamin D, salicylic acid, and essential ceramides. Click here to lear more and shop!)
Shop their other products
The products above are just a few products that I wanted to shed a light on because of the incredible reviews I’ve heard of. However, CeraVe has many other amazing products that are worth taking a look at! Click here to view all of CeraVe’s products!
Also, don’t forget to check out my other beauty related posts here! Learn how to bring out your natural beauty and become your best self!
Leave a Reply